Family Law Firm Arlington Virginia
Mediation is a powerful tool used in family law legal matters and can help you to maintain control over the outcome of your issue. May Law LLP, a dedicated family law firm in Arlington, Virginia offers flexible scheduling for individuals and families looking for a resolution to their legal matter. Our services are broad and include mediation. If you are urgently in need of mediation, call a family lawyer now.
The Benefits of Mediation
Compared to litigation, which will include a judge and courtroom, the mediation a family lawyer Arlington VA clients recommend from our firm includes:
- Private – Mediation is off the record and held outside of court. Everything discussed in the session(s) will remain confidential.
- Flexible – Mediation can address various family-related issues. It can also take place before or after a court petition has been filed.
- Non-Adversarial – In mediation sessions, both sides are encouraged to work cooperatively to ensure the best possible outcome for everyone.
- Self-Directed – With the help of a family lawyer, the process will be controlled by you rather than the court.
- Neutral – The sessions are guided by a mediator who is a professional trained to handle these situations. Mediators are often family lawyers and are unbiased third parties.
- Improved Communication – Mediation promotes healthy communication that is capable of getting positive results.
- Low Cost – If you are able to reach an agreement or settlement in mediation, rather than the court deciding, you can expect lower legal fees.
- Mandatory Dispute Resolution – Many courts will require parties to try to reach a settlement through alternative dispute resolution after a petition is filed. If their case cannot be resolved in this type of resolution, which includes mediation, a court hearing may be scheduled.
Regardless of what family matter you are being challenged with, if you are seeking some kind of resolution without the court getting involved, mediation is an excellent choice. The approach offers ideal privacy and flexibility that is not available through court procedures. If you turn over your power to the court, you will give up your right to reach a settlement that accounts for your needs and values. Rather, a judge will make the decision. If this is not something you want, it may be a good time to talk with a lawyer from an Arlington VA family law firm about alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation.
Common Types of Disputes that We Handle
The legal team at our Arlington VA family law firm conduct mediation sessions on a frequent basis. We have successfully helped to reconcile family disputes through mediation for issues pertaining to:
- Legal separation
- Child custody
- Child support
- Temporary orders
- Asset and property division
- Allocation of debts
- Spousal maintenance/ support
- Parenting plan modifications
- Post-dissolution disputes
Are You Looking for a Family Lawyer?
When you choose our Arlington VA family law firm for mediation and family law matters, please know that we offer:
- Flexible scheduling
- A comfortable environment
- A team that will listen to your concerns
- An honest legal approach
- Affordable fees
If you would like to know more about our family lawyers, our services, or our mediation sessions, please call May Law LLP, the family law firm Arlington VA families trust. We will be glad to listen to your concerns and answer any questions you might have.