Traffic Violations Lawyer Virginia
If you have received a traffic ticket, you should consult a traffic violations lawyer in Virginia. Common traffic violations include speeding, failing to stop at a red light and making unsafe lane changes. A lawyer can assess your ticket and provide you with sound legal advice.
Consequences of Getting a Traffic Ticket
Traffic tickets don’t care as heavy consequences as misdemeanors and felonies do. However, that doesn’t mean you should take your ticket lightly. Traffic violations still come with penalties, such as:
- Fines. Fines are one of the most common penalties for traffic violations. The fine amount will depend on various factors, like the type of traffic violation you committed and if you have previous violations on your driving record. For example, if you got pulled over speeding and have previous speeding violations, expect to pay a higher fine.
- Higher Auto Insurance Rates. When you commit a traffic violation, your auto insurance company will be notified. They may decide to increase rates depending on the severity of the offense. If you, for instance, have multiple speeding tickets, your insurance company may consider you a risky driver and increase your premiums to protect themselves.
- Driver’s License Suspension. If you receive too many traffic tickets, you can accumulate a lot of points on your driving record. If you have too many points, a judge may decide to suspend your driver’s license. If you aren’t able to get behind the wheel, it will be more difficult to get to work, doctor’s appointments and other important places. You’ll have to rely on other people to give you rides.
Why You Should Hire a Traffic Lawyer
If you’re dealing with a traffic ticket, it’s beneficial to have a traffic violations lawyer in Virginia on your side. Here are a few good reasons to hire one:
- Save Money. Some people are reluctant to hire a traffic lawyer because they think it’s too expensive. However, traffic tickets can be even more expensive. If you invest in a lawyer, you may save money overall.
- Save Time. Fighting a traffic ticket by yourself is quite time-consuming. You’ll have to educate yourself about the traffic laws in your state and defenses you can present. You will also have to take time off work for court. If you hire a traffic lawyer, he or she can go to court on your behalf and save you a lot of time.
Schedule a consultation with a traffic violations lawyer in Virginia today.