The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has issued a new poster describing employee rights under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) that covered employers must post by March 8, 2013. Additionally, in February of this year, the DOL issued updated model forms that eligible employers must now use when addressing employee requests for FMLA leave. These forms do not substantively alter past FMLA forms, and will remain in effect through February 28, 2015.
The FMLA applies to eligible employees of companies that have 50 or more employees within a 75-mile radius of the covered worksite. Although the FMLA does not apply to worksites that have less than 50 employees within a 75-mile radius, if any of the employer’s locations is a covered worksite, DOL regulations require that the employer post the FMLA poster at all of its locations (and not just the covered worksite).
Below are links to the revised model FMLA forms recently issued by the DOL:
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
- Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- Designation Notice
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Servicemember – for Military Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave
The above is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice.