In the event that someone is facing a custody case of their child, often turn to the legal services of a child custody attorney to represent their case. Firms have proudly built a legal portfolio, and have helped many clients get to a place of peace and acceptance during such an emotionally trying time.
In order to properly prepare you for what is to come, we have listed some questions and answers that may help you during the child custody trial. However, we highly recommend seeking a child custody attorney, so you have a professional to represent you during the proceedings. Standing alone may be detrimental to your case.
What May a Judge Take into Consideration when Deciding Custody?
- If there is a child preference as to which parent they live with
- If there is a history of drug addiction and/or abuse
- If there is a history of domestic violence in the home
- Which parent encourages regular visits by the other parent
What are the Types of Child Custody?
Joint Custody: Both parents make decisions when it comes to the welfare and wellness of their children.
Sole Custody: One parent is assigned the primary role of making decisions for the welfare and wellness of their children.
What Kinds of Decisions Will the Parent Holding Custody Make?
- Activities and/or groups they will participate in outside of school (camps, sports, travel, vacations, etc.)
- Where they will go to school or for child daycare
- Who their children’s primary doctors will be (dentists, physician, therapist, etc.)
- Where the children will be living
Why Should I Hire a Child Custody Attorney?
- Legal Experience: You will have a kind and understanding, yet knowledgeable professional who can assist with every step of the trial. Choosing a child custody attorney such as the child custody lawyer locals turn tomay be able to make the process easier for you.
- Honest & Straightforward: We can aim to protect your assets, strive to maintain strong communication, and work for the resolutions you are hoping for.
- Objective Party: This may be a very emotionally upsetting time for you, and we can offer legal words of wisdom when you feel confused and frustrated. We can work for your best interest and future.
Finding the right attorney is key to winning your case, and we believe a member of our legal team can offer you the service you are looking for in your child custody case.