Shareholder Dispute Lawyer
How an Experienced Lawyer Can Help
When disputes between shareholders arise, having the support of a shareholder dispute lawyer is key to ensuring an effective resolution. With one, it can be easier to know how to proceed. It’s vital to take swift action and ensure that the situation is addressed appropriately—the experienced shareholder dispute lawyers at Perez Mayoral P.A., understand the intricacies of shareholder disputes, and are committed to helping you resolve your case in an efficient and effective manner.
Types of Shareholder Disputes
Shareholder disputes can arise for several reasons, including disagreements over the company’s management or issues related to financial performance. Regardless of your dispute’s source, it is essential that you take steps to address it as soon as possible. The primary types of shareholder disputes include:
- Breach of fiduciary duty – This occurs when a shareholder acts in a way that violates their legal obligation to act solely in the company’s best interest.
- Minority shareholder oppression – When a majority shareholder uses their power to unfairly discriminate against minority shareholders, this is known as minority shareholder oppression.
- Breach of contract – If one party fails to uphold their end of an agreement or contract relating to ownership rights or other matters, this can be grounds for a dispute.
- Unfair compensation – A disagreement over compensation or other benefits may cause an issue between shareholders that needs resolution.
What Your Company Should Do If It Finds Itself Facing A Shareholder Dispute
1) Take Action Quickly – The longer you wait to address a dispute, the more damage it can cause to the parties involved and your company. If there is an ongoing disagreement between shareholders that have not been addressed yet, then now is the time to do so; procrastinating will only make things worse for everyone involved.
2) Draw up an agreement – or review any existing contracts between shareholders – that outlines each party’s rights and responsibilities regarding the dispute. This document should also define how disputes will be resolved and serve as a legally binding contract for all parties involved to protect your company from further liability down the road. Our team of experienced lawyers can help you draw up such an agreement quickly and efficiently while ensuring that all legal requirements are met.
3) Seek legal counsel from an experienced attorney specializing in shareholder disputes as soon as possible. Having someone with experience on your side can mean the difference between resolving a conflict quickly and amicably or dragging it on for months or even years with no resolution. Here at Perez Mayoral P.A. law firm, we have helped countless clients successfully navigate shareholder disputes over the years and would be more than happy to assist you too!
When faced with a shareholder dispute, you must take steps toward resolving the issue quickly and efficiently so that business operations can continue without disruption or further damage being done to either party’s reputation or livelihood. If your company is facing a shareholder dispute, don’t hesitate to get help from an experienced lawyer specializing in this area of law – like those at Perez Mayoral P.A. law firm – so that you can resolve it as quickly and painlessly as possible! They have years of experience navigating through complex shareholder disputes. They have helped many companies resolve their cases with minimal financial burden or delays in operations due to protracted litigation fees associated with court proceedings.