DUI Lawyer Arlington VA
A DUI Lawyer in Arlington, VA An Arlington, VA DUI lawyer trusted by the community may be a critical resource and benefit following an arrest and charge of driving under the influence. Even if you are notably under the influence, and told by police that you are “guilty beyond a reasonable guilt”, it can still help to have a DUI lawyer on your side. This is because it is not uncommon for rights violations or investigative errors on part of the police to occur. Furthermore, it is possible that feasible “loopholes” could be identified and used to your advantage. If any of the aforementioned apply to your case, your DUI charges may be reduced or dropped.The DUI lawyers in Arlington, VA have been providing honest legal advocacy for years. Our extensive knowledge of state legislation and precedents has enabled us to secure favorable outcomes for thousands of clients who were charged with a varying degree of DUI charges. When you choose our firm, you can feel confident in knowing your case will be handled with care, precision, and due diligence. Guided by a tenacious zeal and aggressive approach to criminal legal representation, your DUI lawyer aims to fight for your rights and your future.Why You Should Have a DUI LawyerDUIs can have repercussions that not only take immediate effect, but also occur long after you were initially charged. We at May Law LLP understand that you may regret your actions, but don’t know how to correctly express this in front of a judge. On the contrary you may believe you are innocent and would like to fight your charges. Alternatively a rights violation may have occurred. Regardless of what happened or how you feel, a DUI lawyer in Arlington, VA can be there to offer legal guidance and moral support.Your DUI lawyer can speak on your behalf which decreases the risk of saying something that actually incriminates you versus helps your case. A good lawyer, such as one from May Law LLP, may also know the prosecutor and judge and help to arrange a deal that reduces the penalties of the charges.Possible DUI Charge PenaltiesPenalties of a DUI can vary from one state to another and are generally dependent upon your cases circumstances, and whether or not this is your first DUI. The penalties given by a judge will likely reflect these factors and include:
- Suspension of your driver’s license and/or CDL
- Revocation of your driver’s license and/or CDL
- Court fines
- Jail time
- Community service
- Mandatory SCRAM bracelet
- Criminal record
- Random drug testing
- Insurance increase
What to Expect After Getting Charged with a DUIAs a DUI lawyer in Arlington, VA, we, at May Law, LLP,represents those in the Arlington community who have been charged with driving under the influence (DUI). This is a very serious charge, one that carries serious penalties if convicted. If you were arrested for a DUI, contact an Arlington, VA DUI lawyer immediately as there are time constraints if you wish to preserve your driving privileges.Without an experienced DUI lawyer in Arlington, VA to represent you, you are at risk for getting convicted of a serious crime that results in significant penalties. You might lose your driving privileges, face huge fines, mandatory community service, mandatory rehabilitation, endure points on your driver’s license (if you don’t permanently lose your license), and jail time. As a DUI lawyer Arlington, VA drivers trust, our firm has represented thousands of motorists by protecting their rights to a fair trial, negotiating plea deals, and even getting their cases dismissed.
DUI Charges and Legal RepresentationWe have significant experience, training, and knowledge about the legal system, motor vehicle laws, and the judicial system. May Law, LLP has significant resources at our disposal and we use them to vigorously defend our clients. The sooner you call us, the sooner a DUI lawyer in Arlington, VA can take charge of your case, ensure that your rights are not violated, and that you do not put yourself at risk for incarceration which might otherwise be avoidable. In addition:
- We can also make sure that all necessary paperwork is completed before deadlines.
- We can represent you during all hearings as well as during your trial should a trail be necessary.
- We can communicate on your behalf with the prosecutor, the Court, your insurance company, and others.
After a DUI ArrestAfter getting arrested for a DUI, your lawyer will have a firm understanding of the steps you will take in the defense of the charges against you. As a DUI lawyer in Arlington, VA, we will base this understanding on the facts and circumstances of your case. The process may proceed along these lines:
- You are arrested for a DUI.
- You will appear before a judge for arraignment. This means that you will be formally charged with the DUI and asked to respond to the charge with either a guilty or not guilty plea. (We will be at your side so you should not have to undergo this process alone as long as you call us immediately after being charged.)
- Your bail amount may be set. We may argue on your behalf that you should be released on bail, and that the bail amount should be a reasonable amount of money.
The Arraignment ProcessAs mentioned, we are happy to explain in detail what to expect during the arraignment and other phases of the legal process. In most instances, you can expect the following to occur:
- You will plead guilty or not guilty to the DUI charge.
- The judge will decide if you should be allowed to leave jail on a bail arrangement. If bail is approved, the amount of bail will be set. Your Arlington DUI lawyer may be able to arrange for your bail release even before the arraignment.
- Your lawyer will advise you as to whether a jury trial may be preferable to you or if you may benefit from forgoing a jury trial.