Speeding Lawyer Virginia
If you recently received a speeding ticket, you should have a discussion with a speeding lawyer in Virginia. Getting a speeding ticket might not be considered a serious crime, but you shouldn’t take it lightly. An experienced lawyer can give you sound legal advice and increase your chances of a successful outcome.
Common Myths About Speeding Tickets
Many people have gotten pulled over speeding in Virginia. However, there are still so many misconceptions surrounding speeding tickets, such as:
- You must pay a speeding ticket immediately. Many people who get pulled over for speeding are under the impression that they have to pay the ticket as soon as possible. This isn’t the case. You have the right to fight your ticket in court if you believe it was unfairly issued.
- If you match the flow of traffic, you won’t get a ticket. Some people believe that if they drive with the speed of traffic, they won’t get a speeding ticket. However, even if everyone is driving above the speed limit, you can still get issued a speeding ticket. You should still follow the speed limit even if everyone else isn’t.
- If you get a speeding ticket in another state, you don’t have to pay it. Just because you receive a speeding ticket in another state, doesn’t mean you don’t have to pay it. States can communicate with one another. If you get a speeding ticket in another state and don’t pay it, you could get your driver’s license suspended in your home state.
- It’s impossible to fight a traffic ticket and win. Unfortunately, some people don’t bother fighting their speeding ticket in court because they think they can’t win. This just isn’t true. If you prepare ahead of time and hire an experienced speeding lawyer in Virginia, you can have a chance of beating your speeding ticket.
- Any mistake can get your speeding ticket dismissed. If a big mistake is made, your speeding ticket may get dismissed in court. On the other hand, if it’s a small clerical error, like a misspelled name or incorrect address, the ticket still stands.
- It’s not worth it to fight a speeding ticket. Some people refuse to fight a speeding ticket because they think it will take too much time and effort. While it will take some extra time, it may be worth it. Speeding tickets can come with consequences, like license suspension and higher insurance premiums. If you fight the ticket and win, you may avoid these penalties.
Schedule a consultation with a speeding lawyer in Virginia like those at May Law today.